A campaign is what sends out your email message to your list. The campaign ties together your email list, message and suppression list (if you have one).
To create a campaign, click on the “Create Campaign” link in the email marketing tab of the software.
We will now break down what each field on the page is for:
- Campaign Name – This is a title of the campaign for your reference only. It is not sent out.
- Campaign Start Date – This is the starting time of your campaign. The times are in CST. So, be aware of that when setting the time for your campaign to start.
- Subject – This is the subject line sent to your email recipients. You are allowed to personalize the subject line check the FAQ for more information on personalization.
- From Name – This is the name the email will come from. Generally you either do a name or company example. John Doe, or ACME Inc.
- From Address – Is broken into parts. The first part is the address prefix from your sending domain. Example: info mail etc. Do not put your full address. It is just the sending prefix at your domain. Example: [email protected] The second box is your sending profile. In that drop down box, it lists all your domains and sending ips that you can send from.
- Message – This box contains the title of the message that you created in step two. Select the message that you wish to use for this campaign by clicking it.
- List – This box contains the title of the list that you created in step one. Select the list by clicking it.
- Suppression List – This box contains the title of the suppression list, if you have one. This is not required and can be skipped if you do not use one.
- Footer – Unsubscribe Information – This is your CAN SPAM footer information that is appended to every email that is sent out by the system. This is needed for compliance and must be used as it is required by law.
- Send To – This feature allows you to send to either your full index or a partial portion of the list. If you want to send to a portion of the list, set your starting and ending index. These indexes can be found inside the list itself in the email id column.
- View as a Webpage – Adds a link to the top of the message to allow users to view the whole message in a new browser window. Saves formatting and helps increase view rates recommended to keep on.
We also have some extra settings on the campaign page that can be accessed by the (Show) link on the create campaign page. These settings normally do not need to be changed, but in case you want extra control they are there.
Sending Speed controls how fast or slow your campaign is sent.
- Default – Account package size setting that allows you to send your quota per month.
- Sloth – 1 Connection at a time about 120 per hour to an hour and a half
- Snail – 3 Connections at a time about 500 per hour to an hour and a half
- Very Slow – 5 connections at a time about 1500 per hour
- Slower – 10 connections at a time about 3000 per hour
- Slow – 25 connections at a time about 5000 per hour
- Average – 100 connections at a time about 10000 per hour
- Fast – 200 connections at a time about 20000 per hour
- Faster – 300 connections at a time about 40000 per hour
- Fastest – 400 connections at a time about 5 0000 per hour
Record responses for non Delivered Address – This adds a column to your list that shows the full response message if the email does not have a Delivered status. If set, this will slow down your campaign but it is useful if debugging a couple of email addresses.
After you have filled out all the settings you can now click the Create Campaign button.
You are now ready. Your campaign has been created. You can check the status of you campaign by viewing the Campaign Status page and view reports by visiting the Campaign Reports page.